Supporting the communities we serve isn’t a corporate goal, it’s a personal responsibility.
Our local focus provides our associates with the time and incentive to use their skills, passions and innovative thinking to give back to the community. Each person at Navigator takes great pride in getting involved in charitable organizations and community efforts that change lives.
Corporate Caring Award Winner
Navigator was the recipient of the Columbus Business First Corporate Caring Award, which honors companies making a difference through financial, in-kind and volunteer contributions. Navigator has been a Corporate Caring award finalist since 2007 and a winner in 2008 and 2011.
A few of the organizations we support:
- PelotoniaPelotonia is a grass roots bike tour with one goal – to end cancer. Funds raised go directly to cancer research at The Ohio State University comprehensive cancer center. 2013 marked Navigator’s 4th year of involvement: 15 riders, total of 21 volunteers, raised $32,573
- Ulman Cancer FundSupports, educates, connects and empowers young adult cancer patients and survivors. Navigator provides financial support annually. This year, Navigators assembled Chemo Care bags, and hosted a dinner event in Columbus for 26 4K for Cancer Bike Riders making their way across the country from Baltimore, MD to Portland, OR.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Abercrombie and Fitch Challenge – Ohio State University Medical Center and James Cancer HospitalProceeds from the challenge go directly to the OSU James Cancer Hospital and the Solove Research Institute to find a cure for cancer. Navigator provides financial support as an annual sponsor for this event. This year 29 Navigators have signed up to participate in the 5K run or 20-mile bike tour challenge.
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio Buddy WalkBuddy Walk funds support public awareness initiatives and benefit many local programs which improve quality of life for families in our community affected by Down Syndrome. Navigator provides financial support and employees and their families attend the annual event to show support for this community.
- Mental Health America of Franklin County
- Alvis House
- Ronald McDonald HouseThe Ronald McDonald House provides a home-away-from-home to keep parents and children together during extended hospital stays. Navigator is providing financial support for the expansion of the Ronald McDonald House in Columbus as part of their Adopt-a-Room initiative. Beginning Q3, 2013, Navigators will have a quarterly opportunity to serve at the local Ronald McDonald House.
- United Way Women’s Leadership CouncilThe mission of the United Way WLC is to mobilize the power of women to advance the Common Good in our communities. Several Navigators are members of the United Way’s WLC. In 2012, Navigator hosted a graduation ceremony and celebration for women who had completed the WLC E3 Program. E3 (Educate, Empower, Elevate) is a program to help low- to moderate-income working women increase their ability to provide for themselves and their families.
- Cristo Rey Columbus High School